Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Perfectly Clean... not!


Rating: 2/5

Okay, I promised to review the Soft Clean Moisture Rich Cleanser. I love Estee Lauder products, in fact, I am a big fan. Finding out that this facial wash is cheaper by 500 Php than Shiseido Skincare's Gentle Cleansing Foam was very good news to me. It has a luxurious smell and feel and it has a beautiful bottle too.

In spite all the aforementioned "features" I still find this cleanser to be far from perfect. In fact, I would like to go back to Shiseido ASAP. Here are some of the reasons why I feel it's far from perfect:

1. Packaging - I realized that this product was not really properly evaluated in terms of packaging because it does not have a flip-top closure. Instead, you rotate the elegant gold cap so that once you put in one of your palms, you need to use it again to close the cap. Baaahd design.

2. Texture - While you are using it, the texture is creamy and luxurious however, the cream is a tad bit runny so that when you open the cap, a lot of it gets stuck in the cap which I find uneconomical. I have to ask myself if this is indeed cheaper than Shiseido.

3. Residue - I think that there's much residue left on my face after I have rinsed for several minutes because my face still feels slippery (for the lack of a better term). Maybe because this is designed for dry skin but am always getting told that my skin is dry so I tried this.

4. Effect - My face is nowhere from calm (as it promised), my skin is a bit bumpy. I am thinking maybe my skin is not dry or maybe the facial wash is really no good. If you want to try then please do and then let me know how it goes for you.

5. Fragrance - Hands down, the product really smells good!

Overall, I was disappointed. :(

No comments: