Friday, December 12, 2008

Hair Ye, Hair Ye


Rating:4/5
I do not know about you but hair has been a problem for me and have been plagued by it since adolescence. I mean I have, like all other maybe, resorted first to plucking. This was painful but after a while the skin gets numb. It hurt my eyes though more than the skin so I eventually gave up on this method. Most of my younger years were spent not wearing sleeveless because I did not know what to do with all the hair. My mom suggested a cream that melts the hair away.

The product is called Veet. It's essentially just a lotion that burns the hair. It comes with a spatula and a not so appealing scent. You are supposed to clean the skin, dry it, apply the lotion, leave it on the skin for a few minutes and then use the spatula to remove it. Note though, that the time may vary depending on the sensitivity of your skin, the thickness of the hair among others. If your skin is sensitive, the skin begins to sting while you use the spatula. Also, if the hair is too thick, some of the hair may still remain. When you use the spatula, you will notice some of the hair going with the spatula.

I used this several times but it was stinky and it kind of stung so I was worried that in the process of using it I might be burning my armpits. :)

The hair grows still thick because I do not think it burns to the root, in effect it's just like shaving but it's more expensive. I could be wrong, but this is how I look at it.

This product is effective, I mean it really tries to get rid of the hair. I just think I would rather shave than go through all the trouble of having to grow my hair long enough so I can burn them. I do not like staying away from my sleeveless blouses too long.

No comments: