Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sun Kissed



Rating: 3/5

I love reading the Beauty Awards issue of Cosmopolitan because I really try out the products that they have there if the products intrigue me. This was how I ended up trying Glam Shine of L'oreal, Estee Lauder's Thermal D Idealist and the Nivea Lip Gloss among others.

Today, I feel like talking about the Nivea Lip Gloss in nude. I found the nude lip stick sexy but I later on found out that this color is simply not for me. It makes me look more anemic than I really am and well... the ghastly look is not what I am aiming for. I cannot make everyday Halloween! Anyway, I came across a Beauty Award issue and sa the Nivea Lip Gloss article and ad and thought to myself, I am going to try this gloss. This was of course before my long-term affair with Ilog Maria's lip balm with peppermint.

The very day I tried it on, I got the same rashes I got from The Body Shop's Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15. I was so disappointed because the color really looks so yummy! It's like cinnamon and it's all sparkly. I tried it again for the heck of it after my rashes were gone and well, that second trial invited the rashes back to my lips. That was the end of my Nivea Care Lip Gloss. I tossed it out!

If you are the type whose lips are not too sensitive then go for Nivea, it really has nice shades but if your lips are sensitive, try and be more conservative about the glosses taht you try. :)

No comments: