Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Peeling, Nothing More Than Peeling



Rating: 5/5

Like all the other brides-to-be, I was also obsessed with the wedding magazines! I read all of them! In one of the magazines, I saw tips on what beauty products to use at a certain age. One of the products caught my attention because apparently, this product is for all ages. I am 28 already so I fear trying products that can tend to dry out my face. I would like to elude the wrinkles for as long as I can. Knowing that this product is for any age, I was encouraged.

I found a reason to go to Greenbelt 5 *wahaha* to lure my then-fiance *wahaha* and when I got there, I was able to get the bottle that promised beautiful, renewed skin in just one night! I think I got it for more than a thousand Pesos.

Being the girl with no EQ, I immediately tried this when I got home. The directions said I should apply it evenly on my face and let it stay there until the following morning. I should wash it with warm water after wearing the gunk overnight. It did not sting at all nor did it itch, though I have heard other people complain about itching. This gunk is colorless and it peels evenly. The downside of these beautiful features though is that it smells like ammonia.

After one night, my skin was indeed whiter (which I did not particularly like, I am worried I might burn my face under the sun), cheeks were rosy and the pores less obvious. Indications on the product are the following: the product is supposed to help dull skin, hyperpigmentation, dark spots and sensitive to chemical treatments.

It's like you scrubbed your face, without having to scrub. The product says you have to use it every other day but when I tried doing that, I noticed my skin being a bit sensitive to my moisturizer so I used it every three to four days. It was really great.

I would recommend this product but remember to put on enough sunblock all day as this is still a peeling product and therefore, you must protect your skin. I have ended up under the sun for prolonged periods of time (like when we went to Laguna to look for my then-fiance's barong) but thankfully, no maps on my face because I used my Shiseido SPF 50 PA+++ UVA/UVB sunblock.

Happy peeling!

Result: Rosy skin and less obvious pores
Downside: This smells of ammonia so remember to ask the Kiehl's sales associate to let you smell it first. It is tolerable for me though and the effects are all worth it.

2 comments:

babysaffron said...

Hi...is the stuff colorless? When you leave it overnight, its just clear? thanks...

dRaMaQuEeN said...

Yes it is colorless. I forgot to include in my post, I will edit it later, it smells a bit like ammonia. When you go and buy it ask the sales associate to let you smell it first so you can find out if this product is good for you. :) It is super effective though! Don't forget your sunblock!