Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Face Shop Nails



Rating: 5/5

I have recently discovered the very nice and affordable nail polishes of The Face Shop. I know it is called The Face Shop and if there is anything I will buy there it should be for the face, but still, I really think their nail polishes are fantastic. I am not a nail polish person, in fact, I do not really know how to apply nail polish. I always go to a salon to get my nails done. I have frequented California Nails and Day Spa and Dashing Diva. I will write a review on these visits too next time.

Anyway, since I have zero talent on nail polish application but I do not have the time and I want to save on money on manicure and pedicure... I have to learn how to do it on my own. Do not get me wrong, I did not give myself a manicure. When I go to salons, I always ask the technician to just push my cuticles because if you do cut them they will grow thicker and more hideous than before. So essentially, when I ask for manicure, I just really ask them to cut hang nails. I did not attempt this yet. i might end up cutting more than I want.

I bought a nice shade of pink called PK104. I had absolutely no trouble applying it. It went on smoothly! I might get new shades. I was planning to have more adventurous colors on weekends and more neutral colors on weekdays but I found out last night from an informative video that you are not supposed to use nail polish remover more than once a week! Good grief! I almost killed my nails!

The nail polish is made in Korea and they have fabulous shades. Shades that will not make your hands look darker than they are. I like how my PK104 highlights the sparkle of my engagement ring.

The picture above is not the exact shade although from The Face Shop web site, this is the image for PK104.

No comments: