Monday, November 17, 2008

Eye Patch


Aye, Cap'n Jack! Just wanted to do that *snickers*, it's not at all related to this post.

I have mentioned in my previous post that I am experiencing dark undereye problems right now. Well, since I still cannot convince myself to get the Shiseido Bioperformance Super Eye Contour Cream, I will have to make do with other solutions. I received an Earth Therapeutics HydroGel Under-Eye Patches. I did not try it right away because at that time I was using the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex which was effective by the way but also downright expensive.

One night, out of desperation, I reached out for a pack of the Earth Therapeutics patch and tried it. I was surprised that it was so easy and convenient to use. For one, it's just a patch and the patches are contoured especially for the under-eye so placing them under your eyes is especially easy. It did not drip nor run to your eyes or cheeks, it just stayed put and the smell was nice too. I had to wear it for thirty minutes and then all I had to do was take it off. After, I applied some eye cream as it is part of my normal routine before sleeping.

The following day, I noticed that the darkness has lessened (not banished completely but noticeably lighter). I also noticed that my under-eye was not as dry as before. It said on the package that on the first week you use this, you have to use it three times a week. After the first week, you can just use it twice a week.

I went to Beauty Bar to get a box and found out it fares for 525 Php. I am still thinking whether to sustain this or to find another alternative. I am done with my first week and am now moving on to my second week. Given that Beauty Bar is giving away a pink laptop bag (that I do not really need *hehe*), I might be up for it for the challenge and continue using the HydroGel. You are to fill up the card with stamps, each stamp costing 500Php. Once you complete all 20, you can claim your bag. The card did not get here on time so if you have receipts dating back to October of this year, you can just present it to them and they will stamp away.

Of course, I have also tried just placing cold green tea bags on my eyes and that seems to work too except that it is messy and I do not get to do it regularly. Maybe one of these days. :)

No comments: